Mount Holyoke College
50 College Street
South Hadley, Massachusetts 01075
View Campus Map
Mount Holyoke’s mission is to provide an intellectually adventurouseducation in the liberal arts and sciences through academic programsrecognized internationally for their excellence and range; to drawstudents from all backgrounds into an exceptionally diverse andinclusive learning community with a highly accomplished, committed, andresponsive faculty and staff; to continue building on the College’shistoric legacy of leadership in the education of women; and to preparestudents, through a liberal education integrating curriculum andcareers, for lives of thoughtful, effective, and purposeful engagementin the world.
Located in South Hadley, Massachusetts,Mount Holyoke College is a highly selective, nondenominational,residential, research liberal arts college for women. Mount Holyoke isrenowned for educating women leaders, from medical pioneers to PulitzerPrize–winning playwrights.
Getting to Campus
By Air | By Car | By Train | By Bus | Google Map | Campus Buildings
Bradley International Airport (airport code BDL) is located 31 milessouth of campus on I-91 in Windsor Locks, Connecticut. Airlines servingBradley include America West, American, Continental, Delta, Northwest,Southwest, United, US Airways, and a number of regional carriers.
Boston's Logan International Airport (airport code BOS) is situated95 miles to the east, a straight drive down the Massachusetts Turnpike(I-90).
Airport Transportation Service:
Several companies provide transportation service to and from campus with advance reservations:
From the south (including Bradley Airport):
- Travel north on Interstate 91 to Route 202 (Exit 16, Holyoke/ South Hadley).
- Head north on 202 through Holyoke across the Connecticut River, and around the rotary to the exit marked South Hadley Center-Amherst, Route 116 north.
- The College is approximately 2.5 miles from the exit.
From the north:
- Travel south on Interstate 91, take Exit 16, and follow the directions above.
From the Massachusetts Turnpike/I-90, east or west:
- Take Exit 5 (Holyoke/Chicopee) and bear to the right.
- At the end of the ramp, turn left on Route 33 for five miles to Route 116.
- Turn right onto 116 and drive approximately 1.5 miles north to the College.
From nearby colleges:
- From UMass, Amherst, and Hampshire, follow Route 116 south into South Hadley.
- From Smith, take I-91 South and follow the directions above.
The Amtrak rail station nearest to South Hadley is in Springfield, Massachusetts. Call 800-872-7245 for ticket prices and schedules.
Peter Pan Bus Lines offers service from Boston and New York City to South Hadley, withtransfers in Springfield. Call 800-237-8747 for ticket prices andschedules.
Thereare plenty of options for accommodations within easy reach of campus.The closest, of course, is to stay on the campus itself at the Willits-Hallowell Conference Center, which includes 20 guest rooms with all the amenities you’d expect from a fine hotel. Call 413-538–2217 for reservations.